Dominated by the railway station and Skien’s largest private industrial company, ABB, the Skien Nord industrial area is well established and home to various public-sector offices.
There is a good mix of office premises, workshops and industrial sites established in the area, which borders Skien centre and the city’s excellent service and public transport offer.
Examples of big companies
- Offices: the County Governor, Agder Court of Appeal, Nedre Telemark District Court, the Norwegian Public Roads Administration and the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority.
- Industry: ABB, Skien Fjernvarme AS’s chip-heating unit, Caverion and Maxeta.
- Workshops/railway: Norwegian State Railways, stands for trainsets; Mantena, large workshop for train maintenance.
The area has been expanded with new sidings and increased workshop capacity in connection with the opening of the double-track line to Larvik in 2018.
- Good road network, plus plans for road improvements.
- Skien railway station connects to the Vestfold and Sørland Lines.
- Good bus connections, both local and regional
Tlf. + 47 480 50 316
Building for sale